Founded in 1990, Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. started as a spin-out of partners with both in-house and law firm legal experience. Initially, the founders served a clientele focused on technology and licensing transactions, private investment, new ventures for U.S. subsidiaries of global industrial and commercial companies, software developers and technology-based entrepreneurship. A decade later, we witnessed a dramatic shift in deal flow, involving emerging offshore contractors and service providers, as well as increasing use of process-driven businesses. We then focused our attention on process improvement, outsourcing, licensing, joint ventures and alliances.
Today, as corporate and business lawyers, we focus on a select core of practice areas in corporate and commercial transactions, business process outsourcing and technology, digital economy, and human capital transactional support. This core capitalizes on our extensive legal and business experience and offers clients in-depth knowledge and know-how.
Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. is an award-winning, internationally recognized technology and business law firm. We have earned outstanding recognitions in the fields of information technology, outsourcing, human capital management and international business. We focus on building sustainable stakeholder value for clients. We remain dedicated to quality and value in client support.
Our Business Segments
The law firm provides legal services to a broad range of business segments. Our clients are engaged in banking and financial services, insurance, investment management, manufacturing, consumer goods and services, industrial goods and services, information and internet technologies, health care and life sciences, energy management services, management consulting, executive search, advertising and non-profit operations. While our clients have included Fortune 100 companies, the majority have been mid-market enterprises, emerging companies and individual entrepreneurs.
Clients hire us for our commitment to quality, creativity and ability to leverage our business and legal experience to solve critical legal issues, build asset value, and help mitigate risks in client business relationships.
- Business-Oriented Focus. Our approach to each legal services assignment is a collaborative one in which communication is the key component. We listen carefully to a client’s objectives and goals and work together to effectively design and implement strategies to arrive at practical real-world solutions for today’s challenging business environment.
- Knowledge and Experience. Our business model relies upon a team of senior lawyers who have been partners in larger firms and in-house-counsel in global companies. Our team of attorneys offers extensive legal skills and deep industry experience, enabling them to deliver sophisticated business advisory skills to resolve the legal issues facing clients today.
- Forward Look. We advise on policies and procedures for compliance and long-term operational effectiveness and help clients understand these implications in the context of corporate social responsibility (CSR), environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives.
- Cross-Border Views. Our attorneys have developed networks of informal working relationships with correspondent law firms abroad, with whom we regularly interact. Many clients are foreign owned and we also interact regularly with their foreign law firms when necessary. Through our training and experience with civil law and common law, we can help clients bridge cultural and regulatory environments and better understand American laws.
- Thought Leadership. We are recognized thought leaders in outsourcing law. We edit the #1 (Google) website on the subject, http://www.outsourcing-law.com. Our attorneys have published and blogged across many disciplines in outsourcing, technology and business law and have taught CLE courses as well as in law and business schools.
- Creativity. Throughout the life cycle of each client operation, we are constantly re-examining all alternatives to find the best solution to the evolving needs and requirements of every transaction.
- Personal Commitment and Attention. Clients hire people when they hire Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. Client satisfaction is our highest priority. When we commit to take on a client, we make sure that the client has our personal attention and that we are responsive to its needs on a timely basis. Some clients have been with us for over twenty years.
Our Added Value
Clients hire Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. for our ability to advise and develop practical, cost-effective legal resolutions to their business objectives. Whether for large or small clients, we provide sophisticated legal experience at reasonable billing rates.
Our boutique approach for personal service avoids engaging large teams of “specialists” who need a senior partner to coordinate and interpret. Rather, our clientele appreciates that most projects can be done with one or several experienced attorneys from our firm, with a high level of accessibility, responsiveness, personal engagement and an appreciation for the interplay of business and legal issues. Like a global law firm, when necessary, we also organize into teams with other law firms, each separately advising on the laws of their own jurisdiction. Our clients recognize the value of such teamwork.